Today Amazon announced the Echo Show, its latest in its line up of its connected-devices, with a 7″ touchscreen, adding a visual interface to its features. The device, priced at $230, is expected to ship June 28th according to Amazon’s web site.
The new device, while functionally similar to the other Echo devices in that it is always on and connected, looks quite different than its predecessors, supporting a more boxy look, in black or white, that supports a touchscreen, which extends the functionality of the device beyond voice commands and spoken responses from Alexa.
Some of the features that are on Amazon’s product page include:
- Make hands-free video calls to friends and family who have an Echo Show or the Alexa App, and make voice calls to anyone who has an Echo or Echo Dot.
- See lyrics on-screen with Amazon Music. Just ask to play a song, artist or genre, and stream over Wi-Fi. Also, stream music on Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and more.
- Powerful, room-filling speakers with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and extended bass response
- Ask Alexa to show you the front door or monitor the baby’s room with compatible cameras from Ring and Arlo. Turn on lights, control thermostats and more with WeMo, Philips Hue, ecobee, and other compatible smart home devices.
- With eight microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo Show hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Allrecipes, CNN, and more
Amazon continues to extend its line of Alexa powered Echo devices with this latest addition to the previous models, Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Look.
Click Here to see this on Amazon’s web site.